Monday, November 30, 2009

scarydreams beautifulnightmares



with each passing night
the dreams become
outrageously vivid
slept for two hours
nothing but dreams
about you and sometimes me
tossing and turning
when i wasn't there
awaken by a piercing shrill
of the alarm clock
bringing me back to reality
reminding me of the
three hour drive home
i was sort of relieved
for some peace and quiet
on the long morning road
but lord knows that
you were still on my mind
i thought i would smoke
but the drugs don't work
songs lost their meaning
i couldn't even sing along
drive seemed to take
longer than usual
professor speaks
but i'm in my head
eyes glazed over
lost in thought
in haunting day dreams
perhaps a short rest
to regain energy will
calm my mind
i was awoken
to a nightmare
of you updating me
through the only means
of communication i have
saying you loved
a girl named katie
i don't know who
this girl may be
but i hope it really was
a dream and not a premonition
for my mouth was dry
and my body was sweating







i just want to sleep good for one night.
thats all i ask.





No comments:

Post a Comment